The rules are now available in english

Conversation and feedback about Sotahuuto 2008 in English.
Vastaa Viestiin
blite
Kreivi

The rules are now available in english

Viesti Kirjoittaja blite » Torstai, 27.03.2008 19:43

Just for your information: all the official rules have now been translated to english and added to the Sotahuuto website.

You can find them from Sotahuuto website's english version, from URL http://www.sotahuuto.fi/?p=/english/sot ... 08/saannot

If there are any issues with them please, let me know!

Edit: Credit for the translation work goes to Tutta so thank her not me :)
Viimeksi muokannut blite, Perjantai, 28.03.2008 15:43. Yhteensä muokattu 2 kertaa.
Skylark
Sotalordi

Viesti Kirjoittaja Skylark » Perjantai, 28.03.2008 12:14

Excellent work, man! Translation work makes foreigners easier to participate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Azor
Ylläpito
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Azor » Perjantai, 28.03.2008 12:45

Nicely done! Hoping to see unparalleled participation from foreigners this year. ;)
Combat Rules - On contact kirjoitti:It is allowed to push shields and guns with weapons that have shafts
This really is a minor issue, but doesn't guns mean firearms? I think the text should say weapons or arms, shouldn't it?
Tutta
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tutta » Perjantai, 28.03.2008 14:07

My bad, yeah it should be weapons (I have no idea where my brains have been when translating that :P )
Tutta of Many Laughters
blite
Kreivi

Viesti Kirjoittaja blite » Perjantai, 28.03.2008 15:42

Oh I'm very sorry for leaving out the credits: Tutta did all the translation work so you should credit her for that (and not me, I'm just the webmaster :))
Ugrik
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ugrik » Tiistai, 22.04.2008 19:31

Thanx for making a great job on translation!

I have one question about bows - since Estonian LARP rules have max bow pull strength about 40 pounds and its thus most common bow strength - can we use these bows if we make arrows so much shorter that the actual pull would be 25 pounds?

I hope to see you soon on battlefield! :D
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
JonTzu
Sotahuuto '11 -järjestäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja JonTzu » Keskiviikko, 23.04.2008 10:35

Ugrik kirjoitti:Thanx for making a great job on translation!

I have one question about bows - since Estonian LARP rules have max bow pull strength about 40 pounds and its thus most common bow strength - can we use these bows if we make arrows so much shorter that the actual pull would be 25 pounds?
The maximum pull is irrelevant, only the pull used matters. As arrows are personal your solution should work with no trouble at all.

The other solution used by some is to apply some sort of restricting wire (or something) to the bow so that it can't be pulled over the distance for ~25 pounds.
"Harjoittelemalla hyvä tulee."
Ugrik
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ugrik » Keskiviikko, 23.04.2008 13:11

The restricting wire idea seems even better. Thanx for the tip.
Ugrik
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ugrik » Torstai, 15.05.2008 23:19

Another question - can one use bow to block blows?
JonTzu

Viesti Kirjoittaja JonTzu » Perjantai, 16.05.2008 13:27

Ugrik kirjoitti:Another question - can one use bow to block blows?
You can if you want to, the rules don't prohibit it. Of course nobody will take responsibility if your bow gets broken.

And remember that if a blow gets through your parry it counts.
"Harjoittelemalla hyvä tulee."
Pahistonttu
Kuningas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pahistonttu » Perjantai, 16.05.2008 19:15

Should the bow be padded, if it is likely that it will get hit in the combat? Hard and sharp edged bow might make damage to the striking weapon if it is hit against the blow.
Hän, joka sitoutuu kunniaan on hävinnyt jo ennen taistelun alkua.
Ugrik
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ugrik » Torstai, 26.06.2008 01:20

There seems to be a lot of talk about arrows and game rules and changes -

can someone translate important bits because google translator in incapable of translating these correctly?
Gnomus

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gnomus » Torstai, 26.06.2008 10:01

Ugrik kirjoitti:There seems to be a lot of talk about arrows and game rules and changes -

can someone translate important bits because google translator in incapable of translating these correctly?
Rules for bow and arrow haven't changed a lot. Maximun allowed draw is still 25 pounds (if you have more powerful bow you can restrict it's power by using shorter arrows, longer string or using restricting wire). Tip of the arrow should be made to Sotahuuto standard and nock of the arrow should have cover for protection. Finnish instruction for making on arrow to Sotahuuto standard are located here (http://www.sotahuuto.fi/wiki/index.php/ ... eko-ohjeet) and even if you can't understand language pictures are very informative. It only lacks picture of arrow tip covered with tape (http://www.vempula.com/images/nuoli/Nuoliohje_042.jpg).

Rules for bows in English can be found here: (http://www.sotahuuto.fi/?p=/english/sot ... not/jouset)
All Sotahuuto rules in English can be found in here: (http://www.sotahuuto.fi/?p=/english/sot ... 08/etusivu)

In combat arrows are counted similarily to other hits. They have no special rules compared to melee weapons (even if people have talked a lot about possibility of some special rules in forums). Arrows should not be shot "with full draw" at distance of 5m or below.
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Sotahuuto 2008 international”