Foreigners patricipating to Sotahuuto 2008

Conversation and feedback about Sotahuuto 2008 in English.
Vastaa Viestiin
saloneju
Keisari

Foreigners patricipating to Sotahuuto 2008

Viesti Kirjoittaja saloneju » Lauantai, 01.03.2008 01:45

Hi!

How are the Estonian teams' preparations to Sotahuuto 2008 going? I hope you are still coming? :wink:

I have also heard some indefinite rumours that from some other country might be patricipating a team as well. Where these come from? Does someone know the origin? :)
Dan
Kersantti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Dan » Maanantai, 10.03.2008 22:34

As one can see from long wait before the answer - we don't have much time to spam forums, 'cause we are preparing for SH :)
We Estonians descended from the Kalevipoeg himself ;)
Haltia
Kuningas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Haltia » Maanantai, 10.03.2008 23:22

I´m really clad to hear that. :wink:
I do hope we are in the same side again.
How many of you are coming this year in SH?
Selene! Nainen, liity meihin!
http://selenejousineidot.multiply.com/
sentius
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja sentius » Tiistai, 11.03.2008 19:36

A bit early to specify any numbers yet, like last year, Bernard knows best about such things. On another matter - there is no english version of this year's rules available, I hope the rules remain mostly as last year. In 2007 we didn't bring any archers, that may not be the case this year, therefore, what are the main rules for archers in Sotahuuto 2008? Can you point out a webpage or something similar that clearly states your rules (with pictures!) for making arrows. We have a standard mostly used in Estonia, but as I will be making a lot of arrows for Jüriöö, I'd like to make sure they're also legal in Sotahuuto - Just In Case We Might Bring Archers.

Also - how far from the campsite is the river? Is it theoretically possible to erect a tent-sauna at the river? (or are the finnish authorities overzelaous?)

Hope to see you all soon.

Sentius, the drunken healer from beyond the waves
Vägivaldne Karvasjalgne RabaVistrik PistrikPart
ehk meeter hammast ja tilluke tuvi otsas.
Gnomus
Sotahuuto '11 -järjestäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Gnomus » Tiistai, 11.03.2008 19:54

We are in proces of translating rules to english, and I hope our translater will get them ready soon.

Rules are almost identical to last year. Ball-and-chain and other weapons without rigid core are not allowed. Some little tweaking with softnes and armour minimuns, but nothing big. I check if we could get arrow rules in pictures soon.

River is about 1km apart from the camp. Organizer try to bring as many tent-saunas as budjet allows and we can find, so you are more than welcome to bring your own tent-sauna with you.

So be welcomed.
ZamboNet
Rautasydän

Viesti Kirjoittaja ZamboNet » Tiistai, 11.03.2008 19:58

How about this rule:
"Also the face of the shield must be padded with at least 8mm thick paading and either covered with duck-tape or cloth."

I think it's one of those rules that might concern our Estonian friends pretty much, since last time all their shields were "bare"-faced.
Haltia
Kuningas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Haltia » Tiistai, 11.03.2008 22:42

Here is good version of how to make an arrow that is allowed to SH07.

http://www.vempula.com/index.php?sivu=varsi

Saddly i didn´t find any in english... :(
Selene! Nainen, liity meihin!
http://selenejousineidot.multiply.com/
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Keskiviikko, 12.03.2008 19:55

I confirm the previous statements. It is too early to say how many of us will be coming (I would be surprised if it would be less than last year though).

At the moment we are preparing for the annual "Jüriöö" event in Estonia (Pekka visited it with 4 friends last year). After that all my (war)gaming attention is going on SH08 and getting the Estonians there. So I'll have more detailed information and questions in about one and a half months.

Aside from that - equipment standards are no problem, we are adaptable. What we can not handle though are "unwritten laws", there are those in every boffer culture and you have yours too. We are form a different background and there is no way for us to understand the subtleties of yours.

So we can only comply with those regulations that are officially endorsed by the SH organizing team (e.g put in the official published rules) and are available to us well in advance of the event.

But I will contact the organizers of SH08 about that matter and we will surely come up with a solution.

Till then, best of luck and maybe see you at Jüriöö!
Beat up new and interesting people, Nordic Equinox 2013

13.-15. September

http://www.ancalagon.ee
Dan
Kersantti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Dan » Lauantai, 15.03.2008 19:19

Also I would like to know when the rules become "official" (the final version is announced) so i can start translating them to Estonian. I can guess from the discussions going on in forums that there might be changes in near future...

Reading rules in English is one thing, in Estonian quite the other, for us. Is there someone amongst SH participants who could proof-read the Estonian version ?
We Estonians descended from the Kalevipoeg himself ;)
Keisari_P
Ylläpito

Viesti Kirjoittaja Keisari_P » Lauantai, 15.03.2008 21:54

Dan kirjoitti:Is there someone amongst SH participants who could proof-read the Estonian version ?
Only one I know who speaks fluent estonian, would be Salme. Hopefully she is willing.
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Maanantai, 21.04.2008 10:14

OK, now that we have kicked the shit out of "Germans" on "Jüriöö" (glorious victory for us and a defeated castle for them), I can concentrate on Sotahuuto.

Therefore the first question: Do I understand correctly that 30.06.08 is the last deadline for registration?

(I don't mean the deadline for discounts - I mean the deadline, after which you are unable to accommodate more players.)

13.-15. September

Kantti
Sotahuuto '11 -järjestäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kantti » Tiistai, 22.04.2008 17:17

Bernard kirjoitti: Therefore the first question: Do I understand correctly that 30.06.08 is the last deadline for registration?

(I don't mean the deadline for discounts - I mean the deadline, after which you are unable to accommodate more players.)
You got it right. That's also a deadline for payments to appear on our bank account. Please consider that international bank transfers can take few days more than domestic. If encountering problems with these deadlines, please contact us well beforehand.

Remember also that you can registrate people as you can get their participation confirmed. It's not required to register all from the group in the same time. Registering confirmed comers well beforehand will make it considerably easier for us to estimate the real size of the event.
"The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people."
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Keskiviikko, 23.04.2008 16:50

No problem. I'll have to book ferry tickets well before that anyway, so I should have a final headcount from Estonia a couple of weeks before your deadline.

13.-15. September

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Sotahuuto 2008 international”