The trips between Kassinurme & Jogeva

12. - 14. Syyskuuta, 2008 (http://www.ancalagon.ee/)
Beatific
Kuningas
Viesti:

The trips between Kassinurme & Jogeva

Viesti Kirjoittaja Beatific » Lauantai, 16.08.2008 09:48

Bernard,

Several of us (don't yet know how many, probably some 4-5 people) will be staying at
http://www.jogevasport.ee/

Since we this year are coming with a single bus instead of a number of cars, we'll need some means of transporting us to Kassinurme in the mornings, and getting back to the hotel at night.

Using the Finnish bus for these trips is out of the question, as would cost too much extra - however.

I've already asked the people at the hotel whether they could arrange transport for us for a reasonable compensation, and they are looking into it. Probably something will be possible that way; but as we don't yet know how many we'll be in need of transportation, I want to find out alternative solutions.

First, do you know if there's some sort of public transportation we could use for this? I figure probably not, but you never know...

Second, is taking a taxi a possibility? Jogeva seems pretty small, so again I would not count on it unless somebody could tell me beforehand that yes, it will work. The good thing with cabs is that they'd provide the flexibility we'd need, with the downside being probably a little more - though probably not prohibitively - expensive.

Third, do you think it would be possible to lend a car from you locals for these trips - or have someone drive us back & forth - for a suitable compensation again, of course?

Any alternative solutions that come to mind?

Also, at this point it seems that it is possible to join us for sauna on Sat evening even for those who are not staying at the hotel. I don't know how large the facilities are, so if many are interested, I'll look into this more deeply. The sauna costs a little (140EEK for the first hour and 400EEK for the subsequent hours, if I recall correctly, you can check this at the hotel's web site), but not much, as the fee is divided between the participants. Just in case if some of you Estonians are interested.
Viimeksi muokannut Beatific, Lauantai, 23.08.2008 09:16. Yhteensä muokattu 4 kertaa.
Assassiini skeittaa Kartanolinnan mailla ympäri vuoden
Beatific
Kuningas
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Beatific » Lauantai, 16.08.2008 09:51

Here are the exact trips that are likely needed:

1) take a number of people to Aia 40, Jogeva (7km from Kassinurme) Fri night
2) take a number of people from Aia 40 to Kassinurme Sat morning
3) take a number of people again to Aia 40 Sat evening - for the sauna
4) take a number of people again back to campsite Sat evening after the sauna
5) take a number of people from Aia 40 to Kassinurme Sunday morning - OR pick us up from the hotel on the way back - OPTIONAL: probably due to our boat trip schedule we have to skip the Sunday scenarios, so might as well sleep late & eat breakfast at the hotel

The extra costs would of course be divided among those who are in need of the transportation.
Viimeksi muokannut Beatific, Lauantai, 23.08.2008 09:14. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Maanantai, 25.08.2008 03:10

Sorry for the delay in answering.

There is no public transport between Kassinurme and Jõgeva as far as I know.

Taxi is possible, there is a taxi service in Jõgeva (it is a moderate size town by Estonian standards so all usual conveniences (like taxis, supermarkets, pubs, 24h-gas-station-kiosks etc.) can be expected). The number for the taxi service is (+372) 52 776 20 - I'll find out about the fare costs and so on tomorrow.

If the taxi thing doesn't work out and there are only 4-5 of you, I think we can find someone willing to drive you for some small gas money and a few beers easily enough.

I'll ask around about the sauna thing.
Beat up new and interesting people, Nordic Equinox 2013

13.-15. September

http://www.ancalagon.ee
Beatific
Kuningas
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Beatific » Sunnuntai, 07.09.2008 22:30

At this point the Taxis may just be the thing. What kind of fare do you think it should be to drive one way?
Viestiketju Lukittu

Palaa sivulle “Nordic Equinox 2008”