Vishna-Ghrim's feedback box

Palaute ja jälkipelit
Automaattinen
Komentaja

Vishna-Ghrim's feedback box

Viesti Kirjoittaja Automaattinen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 19:37

I thought I'd make a box for the Estonians too. As I can't speak estonian, I chose to put this in english. I hope people from this admirable group end up reading it too. :D
On mahdollista että ajattelen, näin ollen voin myös olla olemassa.
Haltia
Kuningas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Haltia » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 19:42

I was considering the same thing. :wink:

Well. You where brave and strong team. Saddly you killed your own many times and you didnt take the hits so well. I shot many arrows at you, but Vishna was still running and killing.
I have to say, that you where the most organized group in Sotahuuto.
I hope we see you in next year too!
Selene! Nainen, liity meihin!
http://selenejousineidot.multiply.com/
Azor
Ylläpito
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Azor » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 19:57

Strong and well led group, with an aura of intimidation upon them. :)

I really enjoyed fighting against and with Vishna. You kept your discipline through out Sotahuuto, even at times when you must've been tired. You always moved in formation and showed you're enemies and allies fortitude.

As to be expected, your assaults and bashes were the most deadly.

Only weak point that I spotted, was that at times, when not led directly, Vishna's warriors occasionally froze and did "easy mistakes".
Triks
Herttua

Viesti Kirjoittaja Triks » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 20:14

Fighting on your side was wonderful. You guys were strong and reliable allies.

And once again I want to thank you for helping me when I was nearly knocked out in the last scenario, RISK. I truly hope to see you next year in Sotahuuto 2009. (:
Viimeksi muokannut Triks, Tiistai, 08.07.2008 20:27. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Automaattinen
Komentaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Automaattinen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 20:25

Oh yeah.

I forgot to leave my own feedback.. :D

I think it was great to fight beside your group and unnerwing to stand in your charges way. :D

The good things listed here:
+You were always very disciplined and ultimately organized to the last minutes of the day.
+You were helpful in combat and outside of it, as I remember seeing you carrying an injured combatant away from the far end of the field in the RISK scenario, not to mention your help in many scenarios during saturday, when we got to fight alongside you.
+I hear you protected people from injury during harsher scenarios with your shields. It is very good to have warriors like this on the field to make the Sotahuuto happening a better experience to all participants
+Your leader, Bernard can make a very good point on combat tactics, even though I don't agree in every one of them.

-/+ You didn't take the hits on saturdays scenarios as well as the next guy, but on the plus side, you cleaned your act up very well during the day.

-Your group was armed only with swords and shields (and some bowmen and women too) so it wasn't as versitile as it could have been should you have equipped yourselves with some spears and/or halberds. (It would've been total murder at that point.. :D)

I suppose that's that.

Good one guys! I hope to see you next year again!
gjeger
Sotilasmestari

Viesti Kirjoittaja gjeger » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 20:48

Very disciplined organised and effective.
Impressive.
Mahti
Sotahuuto '12 -järjestäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mahti » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 20:59

I agree with automaattinen. To get everything out of your group, you need some polearms. Groups without them are easy targets for skilled halberd and spearmen even in situations where their charge is succesful. Vishna always suffered great losses from our halberds when we fought against each other.

Generally your swordsmen were skilled and you fought very well. I have to agree that some of you had little problems with taking all the hits, but I believe that the problem was significantly smaller in the sunday. You had very good organisation and discipline and your charges were nearly always succesful. Your younger troopers could have had more initiative of their own, but that was only a minor problem. Great group and I would definitely like to see you next year.
Sotahuuto 2012 pääjärjestäjä

Hyökkäys on aggressiivista toimintaa.
tiarAnon
Sotalordi

Viesti Kirjoittaja tiarAnon » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 21:54

There's been a lot of discussion about you guys taking hits. Personally I feel that most of the time you took the hits very well and gentleman-like. The difference to the last year was huge. I spend most of the saturday afternoon beating up you guys, and can't remember a single time someone would've left my hits uncounted.

Maybe I've just been lucky with you guys or maybe I just hit hard enough, but this year I think you guys took your hits just as well as any heavy-armored group. Big thumb for that, just remember to stop beating when you're dead. :wink:

Other things you guys should notice: your charge was scary to face up front, but you got to the flanks or rear it was rather easy to make an huge impact even with a single man. Same is true for other teams too, but I felt that it was most obvious with you.

Then, about polearms: personally I admire your choice of not using any (or was it a choice at all?), but I think it sorta takes the edge off. And it also feels like you guys haven't had a lot of practice with poles, as it was rather easy to pick frags with halberd.

But after all, I really enjoyed fighting with and against you, and I was left with much better vibes than last year. Please, come again.
It'll be awesome.
Mesikämmen
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mesikämmen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:02

I got hit real hard four times to the back of my head by a Vishna in one field scenario, felt bad at my throat too... :( But I guess its just an isolated incident.

Noticed also that your flagcarrier had a shield attached to his flag carrying arm, he didn't hold it in his hand. If he used it as a undestroyable shield, he was breaking the rules, since you have to hold a shield if I recall correctly. Otherwise you could just strap shields everywhere.

And the usual, you didn't register hits to your head that well this year either.
Do want.
ZamboNet
Rautasydän

Viesti Kirjoittaja ZamboNet » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:08

Noticed also that your flagcarrier had a shield attached to his flag carrying arm, he didn't hold it in his hand. If he used it as a undestroyable shield, he was breaking the rules, since you have to hold a shield if I recall correctly. Otherwise you could just strap shields everywhere.
As far as I understood the rules, you could carry anything in your shield arm as long as the shield is not strapped to the hand. So if the flag had a narrow pole, it's possible to hold it in a shield arm without the shield being strapped.
saloneju
Keisari

Viesti Kirjoittaja saloneju » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:13

It was very nice seeing your team also this year in Sotahuuto!

Thought this was the fourth time me battling in the same event with you and I have personally found many of you guys nice bunch of people, I am very sorry to say that during the event there were several of you who failed to count their hits sportsmanlike. For instance, one of our guys noted that had hit one Vishna-warrior six times to the head in a duel and even then the guy didn't fall. Also I noted that some of the people not counting their hits were the same faces that had some attitude problems back there on Estonia aswell, so it really couldn't be entirely because of adaptating the unfamiliar rules of finnish boffer-culture.

To not leave a bad taste for this comment, I must repeat myself by saying that most of you are really sportsmanlike ja nice-to-chat-with -people, but saying the things straight as they are I only want to point out that we all are learning all the time. For me saying the things straight as they are means that I honor my opponent because I care about how he could do better.

See you in Equinox, if possible by any means! :wink:
saloneju
Keisari

Viesti Kirjoittaja saloneju » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:15

ZamboNet kirjoitti:
As far as I understood the rules, you could carry anything in your shield arm as long as the shield is not strapped to the hand. So if the flag had a narrow pole, it's possible to hold it in a shield arm without the shield being strapped.
Yes, this is true - the flag carrier could harry flag and a shield in the same hand so there wasn't anything unlegal. Also our flag carrier had the flag in the same hand with the shield.
Mesikämmen
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mesikämmen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:25

saloneju kirjoitti: Yes, this is true - the flag carrier could harry flag and a shield in the same hand so there wasn't anything unlegal. Also our flag carrier had the flag in the same hand with the shield.
I take it that you didn't understand me, or controversial information about rules float around this forum. The flagcarrier had his shield strapped to his arm. (Käsivarteen). Im confused here.
Do want.
JuhoR
Paroni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja JuhoR » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:36

http://forum.sotahuuto.fi/viewtopic.php?t=1667
You should read that topic, especially message by Gnomus
Gnomus kirjoitti:Kilpi voi olla sellainen, että sitä ei tarvitse pitää aktiivisesti kiinni koko aikaa. Tällöin kilven pitää kuitenkin olla oikeasti Kilpi eikä mikään käsivarsisuojaa leikkivä tuhoutumaton pikku kapistus. Asetarkastajat saavat sitten heittää mäkeen kaikki sellaiset käsivarteen kiinnitettävät kilvet joissa alkaa haiskahtaa käsivarsisuojaoptimointi.
Viimeksi muokannut JuhoR, Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:38. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
latexdragon
Asemies
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja latexdragon » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:37

I give a great applause to Vishna´s for their attitude in a whole! Your morning jog almost made me to forget my off-day from training and made me to spurt after you. Almost. :D Big hand for that, there´s kind of attitude I like. 8)

I believe, that all the troops/individuals had sometimes troubles to notice the hits, and Vishna´s had so much spirit from time to time that hits were sometimes passed unnoticed, but just had to hit harder next time. :wink:

I also say, that very nicely and well organized group that had a certain wow-effect in all their "blackness" :wink:
-From the two evils I choose the one I haven´t tried yet-
Sapfon
Kreivi

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sapfon » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:39

Despite the few hits that were not counted, you guys took all the hits! Those few hits must have been cause of the armor. After hitting you guys again with a bit more strength you took the hit. So no complains from my side. You guys were real gentlemen when attacking the castle, first rows took the hits immediately.

Also, perfectly run formations, very tough and almost unstoppable charge. And a big hand to your archer who constantly shot people to head, both when standing in tower in the castle and in the field. I got you at last battle with duel swords ;)

Overall I thought you guys were the best team, unfortunately points didn't go that direction. You were most fearsome team cause of those charges you made.

Hope to see you next year!

ps. Don't bother taking spears, otherwise we don't stand a chance :wink: :lol:
Etelän Imperiumin organisaattori, jos on asiaa voi laittaa viestiä

Alas! How many noble and valiant knights we've lost.

Kuva
Luna Guardian
Ritari

Viesti Kirjoittaja Luna Guardian » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:40

As has already been said, you guys were probably the best organized and disciplined group in Sotahuuto, as well as one of the most skillful. In the Risk-scenario you started to organize the defences and counter-offencives of the Baltic-Swedish side which, while it was stepping on other commanders' toes a bit, made the side as a whole more effective. A few things you could work with though: add some polearms to your group, as this will make your group even more deadly, since if you're stuck in a battle against another solid main-line unit (such as Rämä for example), they'll have the advantage over you (and we don't want Rämä having advantage over anyone, now do we :wink: ). Also, during the Risk scenario in particular, when your line was broken and mostly killed, I noticed that your warriors preferred to fight in twos or threes with other Vishna Grim members rather than join a grander line to bolster it (and therefore their chances of survival and our chances of killing more enemies and therefore victory).

Other than that, I've to say that I'm probably the biggest fan of Vishna Grim outside the group itself :P
Si vis pacem para bellum
Automaattinen
Komentaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Automaattinen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:47

I have to say that I had a shield in my hand AND I carried a flag at the same time. The strap that I held in my palm was thin leather etc and it didnt stop me from holding the flagpole in the same palm.
Mesikämmen
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mesikämmen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:49

JuhoR kirjoitti:http://forum.sotahuuto.fi/viewtopic.php?t=1667
You should read that topic, especially message by Gnomus
Gnomus kirjoitti:Kilpi voi olla sellainen, että sitä ei tarvitse pitää aktiivisesti kiinni koko aikaa. Tällöin kilven pitää kuitenkin olla oikeasti Kilpi eikä mikään käsivarsisuojaa leikkivä tuhoutumaton pikku kapistus. Asetarkastajat saavat sitten heittää mäkeen kaikki sellaiset käsivarteen kiinnitettävät kilvet joissa alkaa haiskahtaa käsivarsisuojaoptimointi.
I did. I know this is kinda wrong place to debate this, but still, if there was nothing wrong in that strap shield, then next year I'll strap a shield to each of my limbs. Grr.

Edit: I read automaattinen's post ^up there. I guess I just saw it wrong. Though, there were few of my comrades who saw the same thing... oh well.
Do want.
Automaattinen
Komentaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Automaattinen » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 22:58

I'm not saying it's not possible that someone had a shield like that. I just meant that it's possible to carry a shield and a flagpole simultaneously..
Ugrik
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ugrik » Tiistai, 08.07.2008 23:50

Hehei

Thank you all from very-very fun event! Although i have blisters on my feet, bruises on my legs (hill scenario) and left arm (from bowstring) and my muscles hurt like hell yesterday it was great to fight with all of you.

I would like the specially thank the person who found my glasses and it would be great if you could contact me in msn - ugrik(at)hotmail.com - so next time when i'm in sotahuuto i'll be wearing glasses and hopefully be even more deadly with a bow!
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
ozkar
Nostoväki

Viesti Kirjoittaja ozkar » Keskiviikko, 09.07.2008 00:02

I must admit that I really enjoyed the time being there with you guys. The scenarios were all great and it was very fun to fight with you or against you. I really really really hope I will be at Sotahuuto '09 as well.

And ye, the thing we definitely don't want to let slip is our discipline. This makes us who we are.

Seeya lads!
McManus
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja McManus » Keskiviikko, 09.07.2008 00:09

Definately one of the most intimidating groups this year :)

Even though I am not so into the para-military ways (marching and all that, going the army gave me something of a loathing for all that) I really admired the spirit with which all of you participated. (then again, I was part of Camulos, so military precision and form ain't really our thing anyway ;) )

Also a big hand for all the improvement from last year, you guys didn't hit as hard and took your hits much better (mostly from the feedback from last year?) and that was what I was hoping.

And of course you really showed your tactical versatility with the ability to split into smaller groups and working together with all the other units on your side.

No real negative feedback this year (at least from me) :)
Pyry Veteli
Sotahuuto '10 -järjestäjä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pyry Veteli » Keskiviikko, 09.07.2008 00:19

Very dashing team with a plenty of -kinda spooky- military show-off. Respect, even though I did encounter too many cases of outright godmode to not have been occasionally slighted. I'm not saying this was the case with the whole of the team -I met many very gallant Vishna soldiers too- but in general I felt some tendency towards being rather roundabout with damage to ones own person.

[whine]Especially bad I felt about one skirmishing attempt of a random bunch of light troops from Denmard-Sweden alliance against Kuola and Vishna holding higher ground on a road during the Encounter in the Forest-scenario. I hit two Vishna guys to the legs with my long sword, two times due to their armoring, with the intention of using the merry opportunity to halt their counter-charge. Neither one paid any attention what so ever, even though there were no other hits to mind, and the hits were definitively of noticeable force. Five seconds later the very same persons rushed downhill, pushing me over with shields. Consecuences; my head crashing against a rock on the ground, no concussion, but a open bleed leaving a permanent scar.[/whine]

I was personally a bit confused -in the beginning at least- by the apparent Estonian method of signaling ''I'm dead'' by raising the sword in the air, which didn't differ that much from readying for a strike in a massed action, not to mention the whirling RISK. I guess some of you might have gotten a few unnecessary hits because of that. :P
ozkar
Nostoväki

Viesti Kirjoittaja ozkar » Keskiviikko, 09.07.2008 00:34

Aaah.. btw... some inspiration from "300"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=27m7cJMxTsU
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Palaute”