Specific information about Sotahuuto 2007

Conversation prior to Sotahuuto 2007 and feedback afterwards.
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Specific information about Sotahuuto 2007

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Keskiviikko, 11.04.2007 16:34

Here please all specific organizatory information and questions about Sotahuuto 2007.

Rules and regulations, weapon standards, scenarios... and so on are discussed in other places. Only cold clear questions and facts about "where, when and what".

---

First of all. I know it's in Espoo or somewhere near. Where exactly? And moreover, how many kilometers it (the game site) is from Helsinki?
Beat up new and interesting people, Nordic Equinox 2013

13.-15. September

http://www.ancalagon.ee
Archibald
Marsalkka

Viesti Kirjoittaja Archibald » Keskiviikko, 11.04.2007 21:06

About Espoo.

Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and Kauniainen* belong to the "capital region" and are very close to each other. The one factor that binds them together is the public transport that is in my opinion clear and working. (I have experienced Metros From Paris to Berlin and travelled 3 years between Espoo and Helsinki). Buss or train is the most common way to move between places, in Helsinki tram or metro (that will come to Espoo in 20 years?). So, the distance between Helsinki and Espoo is 0 km, but from the Helsinki Central Railway Station to "Espoo" it takes 22 min with train. Btw, Espoo is the name of your station, even if there have been 5 stations in Espoo before you leave the train.

I must admit that the route from Helsinki to Sotahuuto via Espoo is my own personal idea, so if someone has better ideas so correct me ASAP!

Even if Espoo is the 2nd largest city in Finland (250k) it does not look like it. There are 5 centers on a vast area so there is actually no "city of Espoo". Before Espoo you will see Leppävaara/Alberga which is at least something, but the station of Espoo is... nothing. Sorry, it is ugly. Because of the vastness, it is possible to keep such evenst near Helsinki. There is loads of forest in northern Espoo. Remarkable is, there is no fortification or citadel in Espoo, since it was a village until the urbanisation in the 60's and 70's. There is, however, a 500 year old church.

Sotahuuto will take place in northern Espoo, near the Bodom-lake. If someone knows Children of Bodom, their image is taken from the lake with the Reaper as a symbol of the legendary unsolved murder.

If you Estonians are eager to experience the nightlife at saturday evening, there is nothing at all in Espoo. Helsinki is the way, but I doubt someone will travel miles after an intensive day. The buss to Sotahuuto goes about once in an hour, and the last buss leaves early. From friday to sunday there is also the Tuska Open Air Metal Festival (biggest in the Northern countries) where some will go at Friday, but one day decrease one's purse with 35€. A wild guess is that Children of Bodom will be the main artist on friday :)

I am not a Bodom fan, at all.

-a

*Kauniainen is a small city inside Espoo. The taxes are 2%(?) lower there why many rich live there.
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Keskiviikko, 11.04.2007 23:43

Thank you very much, I am deeply grateful but I am sorry. I know what comes from asking unspecified questions - kind souls have to spend a lot of time and effort to explain general matters to stupid people asking those questions.

I need to know approximately the distance from - say Helsinki harbor (I am fully aware that there are many of them - been to Helsinki countless times) to the game site. In kilometers please?

The thing is that I am organizing a bus to transport all or most of the Estonians from Tallinn, with a ferry, through Helsinki-Espoo, to the gaming site. I need to give the bus companies an approximate distance of the trip, so they can calculate the cost.

---

But public transportation seems intriguing - maybe I could arrange one or two cars with hangers, to carry the equipment, and people can use public transport in an orderly fashion.

Could someone please shed light on this matter: How to get from Helsinki harbor (most likely from the West Terminal "Länsiterminaali") to the gaming site, using public transportation only? What will be the cost per person?
Beat up new and interesting people, Nordic Equinox 2013

13.-15. September

http://www.ancalagon.ee
tiarAnon
Sotalordi

Viesti Kirjoittaja tiarAnon » Keskiviikko, 11.04.2007 23:44

Option 1: by bus.
Link 1
Link 2

Option 2: train-bus
Link 3
Link 4

These links might clarify the situation a bit. Or maybe not. :roll:

Links 1 and 2 are from Länsiterminaali (Where you will probably hit the shore) to Pirttimäki (Where Sotahuuto '07 is situated). Apparently the easiest way is to take the bus 15 to Ruoholahti, swap to bus 156 to Espoon Keskusta and take bus 86 from there on.

Other option (Links 3 and 4) is to take some bus from Länsiterminaali to Central Railway Station, take the train U to Espoon Keskusta and then the bus 86.

Anyhow, the one-way ticket is 3.60e.

All things considered, it might somewhat complex to use the public transportation, especially with all the boffers and other equipment, but it's not impossible at all, and it's certainly cheaper.

Oh yeah, and the distance from Länsiterminaali to Pirttimäki is about 28 km.

Hope this helps.
It'll be awesome.
sentius
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja sentius » Lauantai, 28.04.2007 14:00

How are your rules coming along?
It's time to start building new equipment, therefore a preliminary set of rules would be nice. If there is no agreement yet for the 2007 rules, please translate the 2006 ruleset (presuming that they won't change THAT much) :roll:

More specifically, what about armor and armorpoints?
What armor gives what amount of points?
Are armorpoints for combined armors (chainmail with leather elemants on hands and feet, for example) calculated arithmetically or counted separately?
Do helmets give armorpoints (usually the case here at home)?

edit: what an idiot i am, should have made a different topic and avoided this topic for these questions. moderators, feel free to move or delete this post. sorry. :roll:
Viimeksi muokannut sentius, Lauantai, 28.04.2007 15:00. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
Vägivaldne Karvasjalgne RabaVistrik PistrikPart
ehk meeter hammast ja tilluke tuvi otsas.
Futhark
Paroni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Futhark » Lauantai, 28.04.2007 14:21

Well here in Finland each armour gives 1 armour point. Some ask why would I take plate when i can take a padded linen armor instead. Plate is cooler. Helmet gives 1 armour point too, 2 hitsto the head and you die ( or torso etc.)
Mutta kuinkas sitten kävikään?
Aldaron
SH07 vastuupäällinen

Compressed armor rules :)

Viesti Kirjoittaja Aldaron » Lauantai, 28.04.2007 19:21

sentius kirjoitti:How are your rules coming along?
It's time to start building new equipment, therefore a preliminary set of rules would be nice. If there is no agreement yet for the 2007 rules, please translate the 2006 ruleset (presuming that they won't change THAT much) :roll:

More specifically, what about armor and armorpoints?
What armor gives what amount of points?
Are armorpoints for combined armors (chainmail with leather elemants on hands and feet, for example) calculated arithmetically or counted separately?
Do helmets give armorpoints (usually the case here at home)?
The possible range of armor points is 0 and 1. The armor point is hit location specific - a hit to your right hand will use the armor point from your right hand and the next hit will incapacitate that hand. Locations are: right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, torso and head. Everything that is not head, arm or leg is torso.

You get the armor point for one of these:

* 1 mm of plate metal
* chainmail (if link's inner diameter is 10mm, use at least 1.6mm wire; if 12mm, at least 2mm wire).
* 3 mm of hard leather (keeps its shape and does not bend easily)
* 6 mm of any softer leather
* 10 mm of layered and sewn-together fabric (measured under compression)
* 15 mm of padded fabric (measured under compression)
* Anything that actually protects your head

Armor will only protect the spots it covers. Armor that satisfies at least one of the above thicknesses gives the 1-point protection, armor under the limits gives 0 armor points. Stacking doesn't matter.

This means you'll probably die in about two hits if you have no armor, and armor lets you absorb 0-6 additional hits depending on where they hit you.
Skylark
Sotalordi

Viesti Kirjoittaja Skylark » Tiistai, 29.05.2007 08:48

Do not forget, that there are only two days left to register your group with reduced cost.
Dan
Kersantti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Dan » Tiistai, 29.05.2007 12:32

As our main organizer, Bernard, seems to be overtaken by work and school, i'll try to answer myself.

We don't worry much about game costs, because mayor part of our trip-money will be spent on transportation. So the three-euro difference is not so important for us.

It's clear in Estonia, that we don't come with bus, but with the cars.

We understand your worries about registration list and et cetera, and we try to manage this issue as soon as possible.
Viestiketju Lukittu

Palaa sivulle “Sotahuuto 2007 international”