Rules Translator(s)?

Conversation prior to Sotahuuto 2007 and feedback afterwards.
Archibald
Marsalkka

Rules Translator(s)?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Archibald » Torstai, 05.04.2007 19:02

With our possible guests from abroad, the rules should be translated to english. But since the rules are being discussed and probably will change, nothing is sure yet. Anyhow, some rules are unlikely to change, for instance, missile weapons?

This should be done as soon as possible, because you learn the rules by using them when training, not reading them one day before the happening. In addition, armour may take quite long to forge.

So, do we have translators here?

-a
Bernard
Kapteeni
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bernard » Torstai, 05.04.2007 21:37

We have some Finnish-to-Estonian translators but we need to know what to translate. So compiling information is just as vital.
Beat up new and interesting people, Nordic Equinox 2013

13.-15. September

http://www.ancalagon.ee
Strigo
Kapteeni

Viesti Kirjoittaja Strigo » Lauantai, 26.05.2007 12:06

Has there been any progress? The rules now seem to be quite ready and can be seen at the official site, so have you already translated them from Finnish to Estonian or are the organizers planning to translate them into English?
-Tity-
Aldaron
SH07 vastuupäällinen

Translations

Viesti Kirjoittaja Aldaron » Keskiviikko, 30.05.2007 22:14

Strigo kirjoitti:Has there been any progress? The rules now seem to be quite ready and can be seen at the official site, so have you already translated them from Finnish to Estonian or are the organizers planning to translate them into English?
We are sincerely trying to find time to translate the rules to english ourselves, but .. well, don't hold your breath. My life would be hectic even without Sotahuuto right now.

I think we'd do even without, the most important things are referred in english on a number of occations, although personally. That, and many rules don't really need to be known before arriving at Sotahuuto where we'll have a briefing in english too.

That said, anybody is welcome to translate the existing rules into english! If you happen to have some time and wish to help, please do, and e-mail your translation to sotahuuto 'ät' sotahuuto.fi.
Dan
Kersantti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Dan » Perjantai, 01.06.2007 09:17

I'm working on translating the rules right now. Don't expect any quick progress, 'cause i have got tons of works to do even on the weekends, and still need my armour to get polished :D

I will translate them to Estonian, and i think these can be put on SH-s webpage, when done.
Beatific
Kuningas
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Beatific » Perjantai, 24.08.2007 09:25

I'm wondering whether a translation to English - of the next year's rules, nit this year's - would ultimately serve everyone better?

This would have the benefits of being understandable to virtually anyone who'd be visiting us (I imagine it might not take too long, a couple of years at the most) for Swedes and Russians to come take part), and it can be checked by next year's organizers as well.

Not to discourage you from your work if you are up to it, of course!!
Assassiini skeittaa Kartanolinnan mailla ympäri vuoden
Viestiketju Lukittu

Palaa sivulle “Sotahuuto 2007 international”