Looking for a Clan

Kaikki rekrytointi tänne. Esim ryhmään haku, uuden ryhmän muodostaminen, ryhmien lisäjäsenten haku, jne.

Valvoja: Ylläpito

keitheggleton
Nostoväki
Viesti:

Looking for a Clan

Viesti Kirjoittaja keitheggleton » Keskiviikko, 14.05.2014 15:12

Hey

I'm a complete beginner looking to join a team in the Helsinki area. I'm a 23 year old British guy with some varied weapons training, I'd love to join up and get to know people before the season really starts. anyone need recruits?

Keith
Archibald
Marsalkka

Re: Looking for a Clan

Viesti Kirjoittaja Archibald » Torstai, 15.05.2014 22:42

Everyone want new recruits and you will see this topic getting lots of advertisement soon, including me :)

There are various teams in the capital region (wiki page). Here are some suggestions:
- Special Orc Service is, in my opinion, the easiest group to join as beginner. A slow and tanky team that fights with determination and has great leadership. Makes results without practice!
- Landsknechts have great people, but I guess you have to put effort to the clothing. It's a new team with skilled individuals from the past, but their fighting style remains somewhat of a questionmark.
- Ryhmä Rämä is somewhat of a black horse. They can rank from first to last depending on the year and other armies, but is experienced as a team.
- Then there are smaller skirmishing teams and teams that recruit in all Finland, but I wouldn't recommend them.

-a
LeCreation
Sotilasmestari

Viesti Kirjoittaja LeCreation » Perjantai, 16.05.2014 04:17

Or then you can consider being in contact with Sparta, who is also one of the teams in capital region and actually uses English in their commands, though spartans aren't so active in forums...

Sparta is a small group with good mentality hidden behind army-like behavior in fields and welcomes new people to come and try boffering with them and if for some reason it doesn't feel like the team you will want to be in they can direct you to right people in capital region to find a new team. Sparta isn't maybe the easiest team to be in since they try to be fast and agile at the same time as durable contact team but you should definitely check it out since there have been multiple persons that don't understand Finnish in Sparta and they have all had the time of their life

This coming from kind of a retired Spartan that might make a reappear for this years Sotahuuto if I can get a weekend free!

I'll notify Spartan leader to check this topic out so he can give more updated information about Spartan situation!
Vihreä hippo 07, 08 ja keltainen keksi 09-12
qMp
Herttua
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja qMp » Perjantai, 16.05.2014 21:05

Landsknechts are open to join, but our requirements for the sotahuuto event are 16th century german mercenary (landsknecht) clothes, for which the fabrics alone may cost something from 40€ (if you're lucky and inventive) up to as much as you are ready to invest in weird looking clothes you might never use again, since as far as I know some of us do have some other plans already for the 2015 sotahuuto.

Nevertheless, we'll provide for the amusement of other sotahuuto participants dashing clothes, outrageous hats, massive codpieces, lots and lots of beer (one of our own guys will even brew some with a 16th-c recipe - for landsknechts only though), spears, two-handed swords. We'll march in the line, shout some german, sing some 16th century landsknecht songs and work those spears faster than a factory sewing machine.

(spoiler alert: the participants are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages during the fights in sotahuuto, so we'll pretend and drink some non-alcoholic beer during the day and leave the real stuff for the night)
Kantti kirjoitti:Mielestäni qMp on aika jännän äärellä kommentoidessaan.
Kommando
Herttua

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kommando » Lauantai, 17.05.2014 20:20

Black horse, eh? I guess that is true.

Ryhmä Rämä is open to all who wants to join, just get in contact with us, all is required from you is to be a good guy.

Rämä is a multi-tasker on the field, commonly taking the point on the field line, but also executes flanking and other maneuvers and we are known for being adept in the forest despite our heavy equipment. Inside organization consists of four groups, two of them are main battle units and the third is reserve/maneuver unit, each one having their own line leader. Fourht one is a loose cannonball, creating havoc and mixing battlefield conditions independently.

Weaponry includes everything Sotahuuto has to offer, swords, shields, pole-arms, spears, projectiles, even one or two war machines can be found in our ranks. Most of our members has at least some armour, some more than others were you can loan bits and pieces, even whole set, if something suits you.

Handfull of us train in the capital region where you can get in touch. People like me, Roran, Dragst, Thranduil, and Acheron (forum nicks) are all regular sights especially is Espoo.

If you got interested, send PM to me or Susikukko, our field commander.
Rämäpää Rämäläinen 09-14, Etelän Imperiumin Insinööri -15, Akatemian Patterin Luutnantti -16, Valdyrin Skaldi -17-19, Etelän Imperiumin Patterin komentaja -22.

PK-seudun hullu tiedemies
Beatific kirjoitti:Tulipa rekrytoitua oikea kultakimpale Pirttimäen treenileirillä :-)
Muhjuttaja
Soturi

Viesti Kirjoittaja Muhjuttaja » Maanantai, 02.06.2014 12:28

In my opinion you should find a local group that contains of people you enjoy being around, you really can't tell what kind of group you want to be in before your first big event.
So i suggest you find a group (can be a small one, why not) and see whats it like, you get to know the teams and then know better who you would really like to join, there's no point trying to find the right one at the first try. A skirmish team could be a good option because you see the both worlds better, the heavier line teams and the lighter skirmish options.
Best of luck, you have stumbled upon a great sport/hobby/whatever you consider it as :)
"sentään me ei otettu asustukseksi jotain täys neonkeltaista ankkapukua natsilogoilla!"
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Värväys”