Weapons order from forgedfoam.com

Ostaminen ja myyminen tapahtuu täällä.

Valvoja: Ylläpito

Hårdgrim
Asemies

Weapons order from forgedfoam.com

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hårdgrim » Perjantai, 18.07.2014 10:08

Some of you saw my Belegarth style weapons and expressed interest in buying some. I'm going to place an order from Forged Foam soon, and since shipping is ridiculously expensive, it's better to buy a lot together (plus there's a discount). So if you're interested, take a look in the shop - we're not going to be able to ship anything longer than the shortest two-handed, and no shields. We have a spreadsheet detailing the order, as you can see, the effective USD -> EUR exchange rate becomes 0.80.

If you want to order, mail me (lars@raeder.dk) and we'll sort out details.

-Lars/Hårdgrim of Monachium
Pahistonttu
Kuningas

Re: Weapons order from forgedfoam.com

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pahistonttu » Tiistai, 22.07.2014 12:06

Remember that glassfiber core might be a problem in Sotahuuto.
Hän, joka sitoutuu kunniaan on hävinnyt jo ennen taistelun alkua.
Hårdgrim
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hårdgrim » Tiistai, 22.07.2014 17:15

Apparently yes. I don't agree with that decision, but that's your decision to make. I've never in 15 years broken or even seen broken a fiberglass core, yet I broke two Sotahuuto-compatible swords during this years event. I believe allowing solid fiberglass cores would actually make your weapons safer and more durable.
olho
Sotalordi

Viesti Kirjoittaja olho » Maanantai, 28.07.2014 10:48

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe our rules are meant so that the weapons DO bend and DO break, when people hit people without helmets to the head with them. I believe that's the main reason why fiberglass is not allowed on our rules. Someone with more solid info can better clarify this.
Hårdgrim
Asemies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hårdgrim » Maanantai, 28.07.2014 11:08

That is at least a valid reason. I still consider accidentally stabbing somebody with raw core after a sword broke to be a bigger danger. Our weapons are probably too stiff and hard for headshots as they are.
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Tori”